

Our Story
In the 1830s Ezekiel Jackson Dunagan settled in this community and soon after began to have Methodist worship services in a brush arbor. A number of years later James Reid Dunagan, building on the foundation of these early meetings, erected a church building and organized a congregation. James Reid was a staunch abolitionist which caused him to align with the Methodist Episcopal Church, a Methodist denomination opposed to slavery. This decision was very unpopular with the surrounding community. In September 1889, James and Mary Dunagan’s oldest son Ezekiel Parks Dunagan donated a track of land which today is at the intersection of Timber Ridge and Joe Chandler Roads. The new church was built there and is where our congregation worships today.
​
Since the first appointed pastor, many pastors have served bringing many changes. With God’s continual blessings there will be many more to come.
​
“So then, with endurance, let’s also run the race that is laid out in front of us, since we have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us."
Hebrews 12:1 (Common English Bible)